Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was working in North Carolina when it all went down. There was a parade of MSRC and NRC boats with their barges, and a ton of notch tugs and barges going by. I couldn't figure out why, with all of that shipping responding, they didn't let the stuff float where it could be captured. Someone way smarter than me with an idea, I'm sure.

I certainly didn't mind, with BP picking up the grub bill, we were told to order whatever we wanted :D

However, it looked like an anchorage in NYC with all the boats sitting at anchor in Mobile... I think out of all of our barges only one handled oil. Although that oil was the oily waste from the tug.

Thanks Wookie thats what I wanted to know. I have been to almost every major storm that has hit the southern US in the past 30 years. But I have traveled with the power company. To never see your world, I have questions. I am a knee deep, mud diver that works part time for a towing company. The owner has been ask to work for an insurance company recovering smaller boats that the big guys don't make money. The adjustor stated that it coast the big company to much money to move their equipment in for a 16 foot party boat.
I am not sure if I want to do this or not.
Be safe

Back
Top Bottom