Question regarding AA into Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you guys for the information. The baggage perk really was my primary concern....so glad to hear the two bags are free and can be overweighted...70lbs sound correct?
Just ready to leave our green water lake behind for a week and head to blue water and great viz.

Enjoy your trip! We're heading back to Mexico at the beginning of August and will have on day of diving off Cozumel. (We're staying in Akumal again and will do at least a day of ocean diving there plus a couple more cenotes.) Maybe after the American has more flights to Coz, we'll spend a week there.

So, when I travel to Coz with my wife/son, we get to take just about all of our worldly belongings with us. (At least with my wife it seems that way....)

Yo tambien. "Traveling light" isn't in our vocabulary when we go to Cozumel. Since United (nee Continental) has started charging for both bags instead of just the second one, we are managing to squeeze into three bags instead of four, but it's a seemingly endless process with the luggage scale, moving smaller and smaller items from bag to bag to get them under the 50.000 pound limit, and our carry ons barely fit the overhead bins. BTW I would NEVER put that all on my wife (are you listening, babe?).

Walking out from the CZM airport to the traffic circle with all that equipaje? Not for us. :D

Yo tambien. "Traveling light" isn't in our vocabulary when we go to Cozumel.

Little side hint: In addition to storing dive gear at Cozumel Scuba Repair, which includes a yearly service, you can stick a bag of whatever with your dive gear.....

Little side hint: In addition to storing dive gear at Cozumel Scuba Repair, which includes a yearly service, you can stick a bag of whatever with your dive gear.....
That's a good idea generally but it wouldn't work for me.

AA didn't suspend the meal service in First Class, but did change it only cold foods. We've flown 7 times since November (on AA) and on each flight had both food and beverage service. I'm so sick of the cheese & fruit box! That said, it does seem like they suspended service in the economy cabin. I know on one of the longer flights they took the beverage cart to economy, but I overheard a few people asking to buy alcoholic drinks and the flight attendant told them that service had been suspended.
AA was supposed to restart beverage service in coach, including alcoholic drinks, beginning June 1st but after the SW FA got her teeth punched out, on the Sacramento flight, they delayed alcoholic beverage sales until September. They have been serving non alcoholic drinks on all flights since then.

So just in regards to AA and their issues right now - good friend of mine is a stew for them and he said AA has 8 0 0 pilots waiting to be recalled. The issue is they all (800) have to do a 5 day retrain at HQ in Dallas and they cant handle that many, so its a back log to get them in and retrained and back to flying all while trying to hire and train new pilots etc. Its a mess and poor planning by AA and they are more than happy to take everyones money knowing they cant meet the demand and dealing with it on the back end as they want cash flow NOW. He doesnt think it will be back to "normal" until summer 2022.

I booked my very last flight on AA to Zagreb using the last of my vast AA miles accumulated over the years! I can’t tell you how overwhelming happy this makes me.

safe flying.

So just in regards to AA and their issues right now - good friend of mine is a stew for them and he said AA has 8 0 0 pilots waiting to be recalled. The issue is they all (800) have to do a 5 day retrain at HQ in Dallas and they cant handle that many, so its a back log to get them in and retrained and back to flying all while trying to hire and train new pilots etc. Its a mess and poor planning by AA and they are more than happy to take everyones money knowing they cant meet the demand and dealing with it on the back end as they want cash flow NOW. He doesnt think it will be back to "normal" until summer 2022.

I don't think that's a fair criticism. I mean, how else are they going to be able to pay all those executive bonuses and buy back enough stock to inflate short term profits? :wink:

I booked my very last flight on AA to Zagreb using the last of my vast AA miles accumulated over the years! I can’t tell you how overwhelming happy this makes me.

safe flying.

I passed through Zagreb in the mid-90s and it was beautiful. It felt a bit like a Central European Paris and I wish I had more time there. The mountains north in Slovenia are wonderful, as well. Not sure they'll have the tequila you typically seek out, but I think you'll make due. Enjoy!!

I don't think that's a fair criticism. I mean, how else are they going to be able to pay all those executive bonuses and buy back enough stock to inflate short term profits? :wink:

I passed through Zagreb in the mid-90s and it was beautiful. It felt a bit like a Central European Paris and I wish I had more time there. The mountains north in Slovenia are wonderful, as well. Not sure they'll have the tequila you typically seek out, but I think you'll make due. Enjoy!!
They have their own moonshine called rakia...I’ll be on a motorcycle ride through the Dolomites so more likely to enjoy their beers. Cheers...

AA was supposed to restart beverage service in coach, including alcoholic drinks, beginning June 1st but after the SW FA got her teeth punched out, on the Sacramento flight, they delayed alcoholic beverage sales until September. They have been serving non alcoholic drinks on all flights since then.

Wouldnt you think it would calm everyone down if they could get a drink? Like 'thank goodness I got this jack and coke or I would have to punch someone in the kisser."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom