Question re long hose.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Intrepid:
You keep saying it's orange, but it looks pink in your avatar (or the avatar that you used to have!) :D

If you want to continue to use Brokeback Mountain hosery I suspect that little sucker will indeed last forever, (and will work just fine,) but now that you're getting to be a pre-geezer like me we're going to have to work on that dignification upgrade and jettison that pink hose bozonity! :D

By the way, whatever happened to your avatar anyway? :wink:

The hose is orange! LOL

I think the picture your thinking of is the one on TDS. It's still there. There was a push to get every one to post a picture. When I said that I didn't have a digital camera and wasn't going to get one, somebody jumped in and posted a picture of me. One of the founders plopped into my avitar. Apparently there are more pictures of me out there than I know about.

Thanks everybody:mooner: . I'll keep in mind the floaty hose thing though:wink: . As for the rule 6 violation I'm not too concerned about that since it would be next year at least before I could do A DIR fundies course:14: . I have alot of dive trips coming up in the next month and a half. At least two ow weekends and a pleasure trip to the St. Lawrence over Labor day:D . There is also a day trip to lake Erie that I may be doing. I've been putting all of this together for a month plus so to have something like hose color bring it to a stop is not cool:( . And thanks Lynn, I do generally dive with alot of newbies and except for the guy who I dive with whenever schedules permit that is DIR, Everyone from our shop and the people we train dive conventional bc's and reg setups. It just may make things less confusing :confused: for them for the time being. So yellow it is. At least until I order black when I get back from Canada:D and start putting the doubles back together:14: .

Cave Diver:
That isn't entirely accurate. There are a few hoses out there that tend to be "floaty" and don't lie right even when properly stowed. I can't recall the brand, but all the ones I've heard of with this problem have been yellow.

That's not to say that all yellow hoses are floaty, but it's something I would keep under consideration.

DING DING!!

I had one of these and it was a constant source of irritation. I now have 2 black 7ft hoses. I think this was a Brownies, but I can't be certain. They don't feel like rubber on the outside like a normal hose does. Has a similar feel to a garden hose.

Fortunately, I didn't buy it, it was borrowed. I was very pleased to give it back.

What is this Rule#6 anyways. I am not familiar with this stuff.

I dive a long hose and it as well as the reg face are yellow. When I am diving i tell people that they will be getting a yellow reg and hose in an OOA. All black blends in with most people all black gear.

PerroneFord:
They don't feel like rubber on the outside like a normal hose does. Has a similar feel to a garden hose.

Yep, that's the kind I was thinking of. I sold mine to someone that wanted it more than I did.

TSandM:
If you are diving with and around a lot of non-long-hose divers, it's something to think about.

Anytime I dive with non-hogarthian divers my equipment configuration and emergency responses are a standard part of pre-dive briefings.

"The Rules"
#1: Don't dive with unsafe divers.
#2: Don't listen to unsafe divers.
#3: Always analyze your mix before every dive.
#4: Don't find solutions for problems that don't exist.
#5: Nothing underwater is worth dying for.
#6: Always look cool.
#7: If you can't look cool doing it, it's not worth doing it in the first place.

Anytime I dive with non-hogarthian divers my equipment configuration and emergency responses are a standard part of pre-dive briefings.

It's not the people I dive with that I'm worried about. The people I dive with are very unlikely to go OOA. It's the other people at our local dive sites, who haven't had the briefing, aren't diving a long hose, and if they need air from me, aren't going to be in a situation to look carefully at what I'm shoving at them and figure out what it is.

Tamas:
LOL! Speaking of which.....I dove with an instructor (male) who sported an entire selection of PINK gear....ping webbing, pink wing and even a pink powder coated b/p.....and of course the pink hoses and pink reg covers.....and finally the pink mask!

When I asked "WHY???" he's only comment was "at least this way my students know where I am under water at all time"
And so that nobody will steal his stuff!:D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom