Question re long hose.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
It's not the people I dive with that I'm worried about. The people I dive with are very unlikely to go OOA. It's the other people at our local dive sites, who haven't had the briefing, aren't diving a long hose, and if they need air from me, aren't going to be in a situation to look carefully at what I'm shoving at them and figure out what it is.

This is why I had my LDS order a black face plate for my legend octo (which I have necklaced). Just like a yellow long hose on your primary may scream "grab me" to an OOA diver you don't know, that face plate may scream grab me as well. I don't want to get strangled.

I also don't think such a issue is completely implausible around here, some of the dive sites we frequent are quite crowded . . .

TSandM:
It's not the people I dive with that I'm worried about. The people I dive with are very unlikely to go OOA. It's the other people at our local dive sites, who haven't had the briefing, aren't diving a long hose, and if they need air from me, aren't going to be in a situation to look carefully at what I'm shoving at them and figure out what it is.

Guess I've been fortunate in the fact that unless someone starts a dive with me, I'm not likely to encounter them during our dives.

Black? Yellow?

If you have ever been in with a diver who is in a real OOA situation....he/she is not going to swim up to you calm, get your attention, signal OOA, then wait for you to deploy ANYTHING! If they do it is a LOW AIR situation.

You will be lucky to have all your teeth after your primary gets ripped out.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom