Question re: adding pockets to my Escape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I like the Escape BCD a lot but my only complaint is that the zippered pockets are way too small.

I bought some Zeagle pockets (see photos) and am trying to figure out the best way to mount them without causing any extra dangling.

They both have that wide strap on the back, one has a flap of velcro (what's that for?) that I'm not at all sure about, but bear with me.

The "default" sizing on the cumberbund fits me fine. Suppose I were to remove those plastic nuts and move them "forward" and re-position them in some other holes giving me more "waist room".

It would seem that it would then give me room to hang these 2 bags through their wide strapping which would seem to be a secure fit without them causing a problem when I don or doff the bc. I don't think I'd have any problem getting things out of those bags underwater. Or would I?

Any comments/sugggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sy

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 69
The one on the left (8033CC) has a velcro flap on the back, which allows you to simply sandwich it between the waist panels.

I believe the one on the right is a Tech (or maybe a Sport) Utility pocket, which has a couple of grommet holes and a large webbing opening. On this one, you can either attach it to an open grommet hole on your vest with a two piece screw fastener, or you can simply slide your waist panel through the big opening in the webbing and then velcro them together when you put the BC on, which will hold it in place.

I'm not sure how easy it will be to use BOTH pockets at the same time...you can play around with it and see what works best for you.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom