Question on Undergarments for the Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hawkenph

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,
I was just wondering how the whole undergarments system works. can you use the MK0 with the MK2 and 3's? MK1,etc.... Do they all work together?
Thank you for your help.
Kurt

Hi,

The Whites MK0 and MK1 are designed to be layerd with either the MK2 or MK3 undergarment system.

The MK0 is a full body bamboo fiber undergarment that is designed to be worn against the divers body. Bamboo fiber is naturally moisture wicking, anti-microbial, and eco freindly. The MK0 has no thermal properties alone, but can significantly reduce the chilling effect of sweat on a divers body by wicking it away from the surface of his skin.

The MK1 is designed to be worn by itself in very warm water or as a first layer in very cold water to add extra thermal protection. It is constructed of super stretch fleece,and provides a full body form fit which reduces the rate of heat loss in critical areas such as the crotch and armpits. In the tropics the MK1 would be the ideal undergarment to wear with your Fusion.

The MK2 is a 2 piece undergamrment system (jacket and john) designed for mid range water temperatures. The thermal properties of the MK2 can be greatly increased by layering the MK1 beneath it.

For the coldest water, the MK3 Primaloft undergarment is the best choice. It is a single piece undergarment with nylon on the exterior, fleece on the inside, and a layer of Primaloft insulation sandwhiched in between.

Let em know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Justin Balaski

Justin,
I read somewhere or maybe I misunderstood. That you can use either the MK0 or MK1 than place the MK2 and if you are really cold place the MK3 on top of it all. To me I think it would be hard to move around and would look like a Blimp.. lol
Thank you again.
Kurt

Justin,
I read somewhere or maybe I misunderstood. That you can use either the MK0 or MK1 than place the MK2 and if you are really cold place the MK3 on top of it all. To me I think it would be hard to move around and would look like a Blimp.. lol
Thank you again.
Kurt

Hi Kurt,

You would not want to layer the MK1, MK2, and MK3 at the same time. The undergarments were not designed for this, nor is it necessary.

The MK1 can be layered under either the MK2 or MK3 becasue it is lightweight and adds additional thermal protection.

The same applies to the MK0, although becasue the MK0 is so thin you could actually wear it under the MK1 and then use either the MK2 or MK3 undergarments.

The main point is you don;t want to use the MK2 and MK3 together.

Cheers,

Justin

Thank you again for your help, Justin. Just waiting on some money and will order my Fusion. I was thinking order both the MK0 and MK1 for down here. Or is it just better to order 2 MK1's for done here?

Thank you again for your help, Justin. Just waiting on some money and will order my Fusion. I was thinking order both the MK0 and MK1 for down here. Or is it just better to order 2 MK1's for done here?

Hi Kurt,

I would get both the MK1 and MK0 becasue the MK0 can be worn under the MK1 as a light "wicking" layer to remove sweat off your body. Remember, the MK0 is made of bamboo fiber which is naturally moisture wicking.

The effective transportation of sweat from your body will reduce the cooling effect of sweat on your skin.

Also, if you have any questions about how you can get a Fusion where you are located, just let me know.

Cheers,

Justin

Hi Justin,
Do you guys have anyone in the Philippines? I looked on your site and there is none listed. If so, I prefer someone in Cebu.
If not I was going to order either from Dive rite (Mike) or from ST..
Thank you again,
Kurt

Hi Justin,
Do you guys have anyone in the Philippines? I looked on your site and there is none listed. If so, I prefer someone in Cebu.
If not I was going to order either from Dive rite (Mike) or from ST..
Thank you again,
Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Whites currently does not have a dealer in the Philippines area. However, we encourage you to shop from any of our dealers who offer online services and can ship you a Fusion.

Best of luck,

Justin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom