Question on C-Strap for Bio Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swan1172

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of size medium (8-9) Bio Fins and was wondering what size C-Strap I should buy. According to some sites, mediums should be used with the 10-inch C-Straps, while others suggest the 12-inch. In fact, Apollo's own site disagrees on the sizing, as the instructions call for the 10-inch, while the press release calls for the 12-inch.

I wear a size 9 and am primarily intending to use these for open-water diving with soft soled 5mm booties.

Any ideas on which C-strap size is correct?

Thanks!

SangP:
Please read the previous thread title "Spring Straps". Anyhow here was my input on that thread:

I found this great site on ebay and it even tells how to measure the length of the straps:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blue-Water-...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Here it shows how to measure and get the correct strap for your foot size:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Easy-Spring-Fi...QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers,

SangP

Neither of those links seem to be working.

Swan1172:
I recently purchased a pair of size medium (8-9) Bio Fins and was wondering what size C-Strap I should buy. According to some sites, mediums should be used with the 10-inch C-Straps, while others suggest the 12-inch. In fact, Apollo's own site disagrees on the sizing, as the instructions call for the 10-inch, while the press release calls for the 12-inch.

I wear a size 9 and am primarily intending to use these for open-water diving with soft soled 5mm booties.

Any ideas on which C-strap size is correct?

Thanks!

Swan1172: Factory mounted C-straps are about 1/2" forward of retro mounted straps. Our service center mounts them further back that is why the press release and the instructions differ. You can mount them yourself using the Powerpoint instructions provided by our service center:

www.apollosportsusa.com/Service/Manuals.htm

Tom Kepler - Midwest Scuba Center (call first)
4306 W. 96th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46268
Ph (317) 872-2522
E-mail: mscdiver@aol.com

I just talked with Tom and he recommends the medium straps with your 5mm soft soled boots. He would welcome your call. Also, other folks are making spring straps and I'm sure you will have advice from these board members. Spring straps are a great way to go. Best wishes for lots of safe diving.

mdb,

Thanks for the advice! That is exactly the kind of information that I was looking for. The difference in lengths makes sense according to what you said about the difference in mounting positions.

Thanks again,

Eric

can you ever use non-apollo spring straps on biofins? cuse' the apollo spring straps are like double the price of the other ones at my LDS.
cheers

kjpwong:
can you ever use non-apollo spring straps on biofins? cuse' the apollo spring straps are like double the price of the other ones at my LDS.
cheers

I have always wondered the same thing. They must be made of gold. :D

Alex

Sorry guys,

Here's the correct links:

http://stores.ebay.com/Blue-Water-Sports-and-Diving

Under this site, look for springs and they will tell you how to measure the length and type of spring for which type of fins.
Commercial springs for Jetfin types and the Standard spring straps for Apollos and the like which has rubber knobs.

Cheers,

SangP

SangP,

Thanks for the link! I think I am going to get a pair of those straps for my Jets. I have looked at some others, but those are the nicest that I have seen and the price is just about the same.

Unfortunately, I cannot buy a pair of those for my Bio-Fins. The previous owner already had the Apollo straps mounted, which involves cutting the mounting post off the fins. One thing I really like about the Apollo straps is that they bolt through the fin, so they are very secure.

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom