Question for those with Mares BCs'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vsopscuba

New
Reaction score
People have told me they run large. I am looking into morphos (always looking for a deal) and such and remember ppl saying mares BCDs' are oversized. To those who own them, is this true??? I am about 6' 180 and the BCDs' I have rented have been Mediums. But since none have been Mares, I worry about paying for one online and it not being the correct size. I have been lurking on these forums for a long time and have picked up a lot of great info. Unfortunately, the nearest shop that is an Auth Mares dealer is about 100 miles away. So I thought I would ask here, instead of making the drive to find fitment. If anyone who has a Mares BCD can give me input to fitment, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and I hope to contribute in the future.

I dive an Icon, am 5'7", 165 lbs. wearing a Medium. I have to tighten down the straps, within an inch of their limits. The best feature that I like is the lack of velcro on the waist strap.

Certainly, you would benefit from trying on the actual BC, but the Medium may in fact fit. Check with Scuba Toys or Scuba.com regarding their exchange policy if purchasing on-line.

I concur on the Med. In addition the Morphos has two adjustments that will effecitively extend or shorten the torso. So I am confident you are a medium.

Happy diving,

My sincere thanks to all of you. I truly appreciate your time and giving me your height and weight as a referance point. As well as Zak chiming in. I now feel comfortable about pulling the trigger online. I hope I can return the favor one day to each of you.
My Sincere Thanks Again For Each Of You Taking The Time To Help Me

I have a Medium Morphos pro, am 6' and anywhere from 180 to 190 lbs (depending on current shape). The Medium is fine and I still have place to grow horizontally!:D Definetly Medium.

You'll love the Morphos, it's a great BC

Ditto: 6'2", about 240# these days, and wearing a Large Vector 1000 AT. Tried an XL and felt like my trim was way off, I was constantly 'tipping' side-to-side because it was moving around on me no matter how tight I had the cummerbund. Was even able to fit the L over a DUI drysuit at their DOG rally this past weekend.

I do wish it was a little TALLER, so the cummerbund was a bit closer to my hips. But the L is fine although everything else I wear (wetsuit, etc) is at least an XL.

Back
Top Bottom