Question for Sarasota/Venice area people

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajen

Reaction score
This might be kind of an off the wall question....

My husband and I will be returning to the Sarasota area on vacation with our 1 year old. My husband and I are both divers and would love to get a couple of dives in.
The only problem is what to do with our daughter. Does anyone know of a baby sitting service that recommends highly qualified people who baby sit in the area, or know of any daycares that would watch a child for a few hours while we are down there.
Of course I would never leave our daughter with just anyone and would check out references first!!!!

Thanks for your help,
Jen

The only listing for sitters in the phone book is;
Loving arms Nanny & Child Care Services - 941-343-0542

You can also try
Willam's Daycare - 941-957-3796

I love kids!!
(they taste like chicken)

Seriously though, The following is pretty obvious and you've probably already thought of it,but...
There are a lot of great people on this board local to that area that you could each buddy up with and that would be probably be willing to meet you to dive. That way you and your husband could spell each other on the childcare and still get to dive. The downside is you don't get to dive together. So each of you spends some quality time with your daughter while the other gets wet (win/win). Post the area and date that you want to go, and I bet you will get at least a couple of willing stand-in buddies. Boat diving may be a bit more difficult, but same principle.

You may/may not be able to find a recommended day-care that will be willing to take 'walk-ins'. By recommended, I mean one that someone, not affiliated with the daycare but who has used them, is willing to stand up and recommend in a public venue. When we were searching for daycare, we ended up on waiting lists for the decent ones. The ones that would take us immediately didn't seem all that great so we passed on them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom