Question and Answer (a game)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. But its a funny name. :)

Is there such thing as a bad day of diving and a good day at work?

yes, rarely, but yes. When you go diving and loose something and that screws the dive, and a good day at work is when you receive a raise....and you can think about your next dive trip....!

What's the worst dive you ever had?

First dive in Chile. Gas powered compressor that leaked exhaust fumes into the fill. Air tated like diesel exhaust and after 15 minutes I had a terrible headache. But had to finish the job (counting species in a kelp holdfasts) so I had to surface after every couple minutes (after every holdfast) for fresh air to make the headache go away and go back for another holdfast.

Do you pee in your suit in cold water?

50psi?!:
Hot, warm, cool or cold. If/when I gotta, I gotta

What's this I hear about the dry adiabatic lapse rate?

The adiabatic lapse rate is the rate of temperature change that occurs in an atmosphere as a function of elevation, assuming that air behaves adiabatically (thermally insulated). This term is most commonly used to refer to Earth's atmosphere.
The relationship between change in altitude and change in temperature is expressed as a lapse rate. In general, a lapse rate is the rate at which an atmospheric variable (usually temperature) decreases with altitude. It is expressed as the negative ratio of the temperature change and the altitude change, thus:

01a7b2f48c0783ec8aeec02103310abe.png

where γ = lapse rate is given in units of temperature divided by units of altitude, T = temperature, and z = altitude, and points 1 and 2 are measurements at two different altitudes.

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Favorite ice cream: Chirimoya & raspberry (at least for now)

If you could fight any historical figure, who would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom