Question and Answer (a game) part 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1st dive, before I started my certification. down to 30 feet, with thousands of fish all around me. It was spectacular.

Same?

No, my last Girlfriend's first dive after OW class. She dumped me a week later and turned me off diving for a while. I guess she didn't think it was all that...

Do you think it's a good idea to mix romance with your hobbies?

Tough question to answer. It depends on the hobby and the person. Shared experiences, like hobbies, can draw two people nearer and having a time-consuming hobby that the other person does not enjoy either takes one person away a lot or meant that person will often be giving up what he/she likes to do. On the other hand, both people need their own outlets, away from a relationship and if you break up, but have developed mutual friends in the activity, it makes continuing the activity with those people awkward. On the whole, I'd say mix (but, then, my wife does not enjoy ANY of the things I would put in the hobby category - and I really wish she did).

Did you actually read my entire answer?

I think so; I interpreted it as was my best diving experience that I ever had, like yours? In my over 600 dives, sadly it was a one time with a person who I will never dive with or see again, so my response was more sappy than yours. :depressed: But my follow up question was not asking if your best experience should have been done with a romance- just another question in general. That's all. :) Sorry if I misread.

If you were asking about my first dive though- mine too was un-certified. Millersylvania State park in Olympia Washington when I was about 12. I was so worried about getting hurt and running out of air that I didn't take the time to admire the murky scenery. Depth 12 feet.

Did you grow up around snow?

I do, not out of any desire to, but out of a fact of geographical placement. I hate the stuff with a passion. I console myself with thoughts that one day I will live out my dream...to live on a deserted tropical island in a grass hut with an endless supply of pina colada's, fishing tackle, and all the diving I can manage. Until then, I'll just live in crappy ole NJ :depressed:

What is the weather like where you are today?

It's freezing cold here = 8 degrees Celcius....
Winter has obviously made it's arival known to all around here. If we're lucky, we might see some snow again, for the first time in 12 years.

What's the best way to stay warm?

I was going to say, move to SA, but not at 8 degrees Celsius! Now I will say dress in layers and have a moisture-wicking base layer, an insulative layer, and then add a windproof and water resistant layer.

Praat jy Afrikaans?

It means, "Do you speak Afrikaans?"

Have you ever been to South Africa?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom