Question about WP public side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teknadv3x

Contributor
Reaction score
I know with the water being so low LCRA is allowing you to drive & park down by the water at the public side of Windy Point.
My question is how close to the waters edge do they allow you to park?

Thanks in advance
Dave

The parking is kind of down the middle of the new island.Not sure exactly how far it is to the water. Maybe 1-200 feet?? No more than about 30 seconds walk,even in full gear.Basically flat as well.

They had moved the cones closer to the water when I was there yesterday. I have had several rangers tell me that we can drive down to the water to unload dive gear then drive back within the coned area to park.
Visability was 5-6 feet down to 75 feet. From 75 to 80 feet the vis drops to zero. The tree line starts about 65 to 70 feet deep depending on where you are along the point. The grottos are at 44 feet. Water temp was 80 on one computer and 79 on the other down to 75 feet.

At one point early in the year some SB folks were talking about stringing a 'line' from the SP side to the other side of the lake,,,,well guys now is the time to get after it sounds like....or maybe just wait another month and with some mud boots you could just walk across laying the line-- LOL :)

carlislere:
From 75 to 80 feet the vis drops to zero.

Once you get through the milky layer and down to around 90 feet the vis opens up to at least 10 feet. (Or it did a week ago anyway)

If you know where to find them there are some lines that go down to the river channel.These are very comforting when groping through trees in zero viz

Temperature on the bottom is around 59 degrees. When it gets cold,it gets clear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom