Question about Worthington steel tank characteristics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a line on a great price on some Worthington steel tanks...LP85's and HP100's. Can I please get some thoughts on these tank choices for sidemount. I like the idea of the 100's because of their weight (I use a fair bit of lead...24 lbs., now with my drysuit/winter undergarment). How do each of these two choices trim out or any other comments.

Thanks Steve!

Buy the LP 85's and don't use em. You'll die. Just because I'm a good guy I'll save your life. Get them, then send them to me, or have Steve bring them to me at Gilboa in May. No need to thank me. It's just a service I'm willing to do. And I won't even charge you for getting rid of them. Nice Huh?

You're a saint Jim!

You may have seen this link already

Sidemount « Rob Neto

which compares Worthington against Faber cylinders. I only dove with AL80s but am thinking about getting steel 85s. If the analysis provided in the web site is accurate, Worthington may provide a tad better buoyancy characteristics than Faber. But they are also a tad more expensive.

I have a line on a great price on some Worthington steel tanks...LP85's and HP100's. Can I please get some thoughts on these tank choices for sidemount. I like the idea of the 100's because of their weight (I use a fair bit of lead...24 lbs., now with my drysuit/winter undergarment). How do each of these two choices trim out or any other comments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom