Question about switching hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yoda-X

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought my first dry suit last week and am working on getting all the hoses arranged on my first stage. I use my bc/reg combo for both wet and dry suit dives and was wondering about configuring the hoses back and forth and whether that has an adverse effect on the first stage. Clear as mud?

So, in a nutshell........When diving wet I have the air hose for the BCD, regulator, octo, gauges. When I dive dry I need an extra hose for the drysuit. Is it a bad idea to attach the drysuit hose when diving dry and remove it when diving wet? I guess my concern is taking the hose off and on a few times a year will be bad for the first stage. Am I just over thinking things??

David

No issue at all, other than an increased risk of damage (threads, stage etc). But very minor. But a couple times a year, no worries. Just be careful and it'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I am going to attempt it today.

I just tuck it into the tank band velcro, but either way would be fine. Just be careful to not forget the parts and tools you need to swap it back when you do go out with your DS.

I just tuck it into the tank band velcro, but either way would be fine. Just be careful to not forget the parts and tools you need to swap it back when you do go out with your DS.

I can't remember how many times I've forgotten to swap things over.....too funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I leave mine on all the time and tuck it in a hose retainer in sidemount, or when in doubles just tuck it in behind the shoulder strap. Easier than switching things over.

ITT: Divers are [-]too lazy[/-] efficient enough to not switch hoses over.

That said, I agree with above.

I basically do the same thing Tbone does, in sidemount it sits in the hose retainer when not in use. Back mount I actually run it down along the backplate in some bungees I have looped on the side of the plate. My problem is I'm usually too lazy to dig out the plugs for the first stage, so the drysuit hose stays put.

Back
Top Bottom