Question about Scuba Gauge thread size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Pasic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Seems like a simple question but I am confused... I am looking to buy a pressure gauge for my regulator but don't know how to measure the thread size that is needed.. One gauge that I like says that it has a 7/8" threaded hose. Does that mean the hose is 7/8 of an inch around or the male metal fitting... Also this gauge has a 1 3/4" diameter color-coded face does that mean the front of the gauge measures that distance across end to end??

How to I measure the thread size and diameter on the current gauge I have to see if another is compatible. Thank you very much.

Welcome to scubaboard

Unless you have old or unusual gear, the high pressure hose will be standard size and most any submersible pressure gauge should fit; although you might need to replace the 'spool' which is the bit that goes in between the hose and the SPG which come in different sizes:

pb-ac-88-1-2-3-hp-swivel-spools.jpg

...but usually you can get one with your new gauge: Submersible Pressure Gauges

Personally I don't like colours all over the guage, just clutters it up and makes it harder to read; also I would get a 2" gauge in brass & glass, more durable

If you post links to or the model of the gear you're actually talking about - including the first stage you're connecting it to - it would help

this gauge has a 1 3/4" diameter color-coded face does that mean the front of the gauge measures that distance across

Yes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom