Question about hose adaptors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BPaith

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all! I have a regulator hose that I am converting to a inflator hose. I simply bought the wrong hose and the adaptor is cheap. The adaptor I need is this one...

https://www.divegearexpress.com/adapter-turns-lp-reg-hose-into-bc-inflator-hose

However, I know that stores like Home Depot and Lowe's sell the exact same adaptor. Is there ANY reason to think that these adaptors at HD or Lowe's would be any different from this one that's sold at a dive store?? I already bought one, but just want to ensure since if it fails.....well.....not good!

I've never seen that adapter at HD or Lowes. Can you provide a link?

Well - the male end screws into the female end.....and then its exactly the same as the Dive Gear Express model....just not as fancy. Then it's a quick connect that fits any general inflator.

Sorry, I don't think it's worth the risk. What's your address and what size hose do you need? I might have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well - the male end screws into the female end.....and then its exactly the same as the Dive Gear Express model....just not as fancy. Then it's a quick connect that fits any general inflator.

Don't lose your receipt. You will need it.

The design is quite different than what you are looking for. It is the same design as the connected on an air2, but not a compatible size.

Sorry, I don't think it's worth the risk. What's your address and what size hose do you need? I might have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the offer! I have the hose, I just need that stinking adaptor! I (didn't pay attention) bought a regulator hose thinking it was an inflator hose. Leisurepro wanted to subtract $10 for shipping to return it, so I figured it was easier to buy the adaptor. Thought I might save some time and money and get the one from HD.

Don't lose your receipt. You will need it.

The design is quite different than what you are looking for. It is the same design as the connected on an air2, but not a compatible size.

Fortunately - I still have the recipt and it's still in package. I"ll take it back tomorrow!

Would I be safe to order the one from Dive Gear Express? It's for a HOG 32lb wing.

All the pneumatic connectors you list from HD have a tapered pipe thread and the SCUBA hoses use a straight thread with an O-ring seal. The Male connector on a standard inflator is different also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom