Question about Grand Bahama Scuba, Freeport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erincherie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My husband and I are planning our first dive vacation to the Bahamas (Grand Bahama Island) and looks like Grand Bahama Scuba is the way to go. I've seen a lot of recommendations for them. My question, is what kind of boat(s) do they have? We prefer small boats with 4-6(max) divers per divemaster.

If I recall correctly, Its a 32' Island Hopper.

It can hold 12 or more divers but often goes out with less. Usually Fred and Melinda are both in the water.

You could call and talk to them. The number is on their website

It's a good idea to make reservations.

Have a great trip!!

They're definitely one of the island's smaller operations, but hands down the way to go. I didn't get any pictures of their boat, "A Good Start," but I'd say it's about a 50-foot boat that could hold about ten divers comfortably. Even so, all the days we went out, there were only a max of 3 other divers aside from us. So expect to have lots of room, good service, and to be given individual attention.

I rate their charter a perfect 10 out of 10.

Have fun, and ask them to take you on Duncan's wreck! It was my favorite!

I think Tavi's closer at 32 feet. We had 8 divers on one day - both Fred and Melinda were in the water. Talk to them and ask for what you want, I found them to be very flexible in terms of trying to meet their clients needs.

I would absolutely recommend Grand Bahama Scuba. The owner/operatorsare Fred and Melinda Riger, their hallmark is providing you with personal service. They will take excellent care of you and ensure you have a great dive experience. Grand Bahama Scuba has been rated the best dive operator in freeport for the past 2 years by readers of Scuba Diving magazine. I personally have been diving with them for over 10 years. Their boat is a 32’ Island Hopper named “Good Start”. It max’s out with 12 divers giving you a ratio of 6 divers to each instructor. Check out their website Grand Bahamas Scuba - Meet Fred Riger, you can contact them through the website, and they will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom