Question about Bare Next Gen Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The trilam cannot be retrofit due to the normal position of the zipper relative to the neck seal area. When the necktite is ordered at the time of purchase, Bare actually does a "hand cut" with the zipper in a lower position so that there is enough clearance to install the necktite system. At least that's what the dry suit person Dennis says. When I tried to have the original trilam retrofitted, they sent it to their design group to see if it was possible, which it was not.

Thanks for civilily offering your experience on the next gen for more demanding applications. A second opinion is always important. Personally, compared to the next gen material, I have a lot more confidence in the more robust trilam material. I was always worried about getting punctured while I was wearing my wife's next gen, less so in my trilam.

Hey Daru, I am going the same route, I found me an older one, which is close to my size, that way I can get used to dry suit diving. Then after I get comfortable, and probably wear out the used suit, then i will spend the big bucks on a really good expensive suit. Then the only adjustment will be to the new suit, not the whole new world of dry diving. So what if the material is thin and not the best for cave or wreck diving for the cost its cheaper then renting a few dry suits to get used to them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom