Question about a 13 year old Halcyon wing -

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree with the others...should be good to go. I have replaced the inflators on mine a couple times, but my wings are much older than yours and still kicking.

1652896439281.png

Both power inflator and the spring in the dump valve had issue/recall yrs ago.
The power inflator appears not to be the one with the problem but should consider change the spring of the dump valve.
Contact H for advice.

It all comes down if they are maintained properly. Halcyon uses top quality material, so as long as you wash it, don't leave it out in the sun, it will last forever. If you do leave it out of the sun and never rinse off the salt, then yeah, it is going to fall apart. But that's true of all wings/BCDs.

From my experience the wings with the red DIR logo fray along the bottom egde. Mine frayed badly and was replaced under warranty. Wing was 10 years old when replaced but in pristine condition, never abused and washed religiously
It was great service from Halcyon and they make great gear!
Yours may differ though as it appears to be sewed differently along the seams.

Same happened to me... outer bag also replaced under warranty.

Agree with the others...should be good to go. I have replaced the inflators on mine a couple times, but my wings are much older than yours and still kicking.

View attachment 723314

Wow, those are some "old school" wings!! That singles wing I think is the second one they ever made......

Wow, those are some "old school" wings!! That singles wing I think is the second one they ever made......
Yep, still going strong. I just did a bunch of dives on it in Socorro earlier this year. IMHO, the "DOING IT RIGHT" on the logo is what makes them so much tougher than the current crop of wings. 😜

I have a Halcyon Pioneer 30lb Wing – brand new, never used [...] purchased in 2009. So the question - is the wing still good after 13 years?
Hard to know as I am not an expert on materials science. My wing is 11½ years old and frequently used. No problems, not for now, but it is only 11½ years of age.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom