Question about 4040 and housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

psinyc

Reaction score
It seems like it would be cheaper for me to go with the Olympus C-4040 and the PT-010 housing then to get a housing and strobe (which is necesary for my current camera) for my current camera.

Can you use this Oly setup WITHOUT a external flash/strobe? In otherwords, can the camera's built-in internal flash be enough to take high quality full-color pics? My range will most likely be anywhere from 0ft - 80ft when I plan on using the camera for the first time witout an external light source. Thanks all.

hi psinyc,

yes, you can actually get good results just by using the camera's builn in flash. Just remember to get close a possible to your subject. Macro work should be okay but wide angle shot is jsut out of the question.

so reef shots are out of the question. what if the reefs is shallow -- like 10ft - 25ft, would the natural surface lighting be enough. Also, what about a full body shot of your buddy for example (would this be a close up if just far enough away to get full shot). Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom