Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have any info on the quarry at White Cliff park behind Grant’s farm? It’s got a big fence around it with a sign that says no trespassing, but I’m sure they didn’t mean us divers J
There is a john boat setting next to the water so it looks like it might be used for something. I’d like to check it out sometime if I could get permission.

Steve

I got certified in this Quarry back in 1993. I believe that it is about 30 ft deep.

I have contacted the City of Crestwood to inquire about the possibilty of diving this site. It appears that they may be able to issue a permit to qualified divers to use the quarry. Will keep you posted.

Thanks for the info Jawisa1. Let us know what you find out. I wasn't sure who to contact.
Do you remember what the vis was?

Visibiltiy was pretty poor at the time due to the fact that it had turned over recently as our check out dives were in late October. I walked past the quarry a few weeks ago and it appears to be considerably better than before. I will keep you posted on what Creastwood says.

I just spoke with the Crestwood City Administrator about the quarry and he stated that due to liability the quarry would remain closed. He did say that if the group of divers included a Crestwood resident and a fee for city supervision was paid that it might still be possible. I will inquire further about what the cost may be and get back with you.

Interesting. See how much they want, and then we can see if we have any Crestwood residents. I also wonder if we could sign a liability waiver that would satisfy them. I guess there are only so many hoops we are willing to jump through.

To get an accurate cost from Crestwood they are requesting a count of people that would be entering the quarry along with a propsed date. We will also need at least one Ctrestwood resident in the group. Anyone who is interested can PM me so I can gather the info and proceed. It may not be doable until next spring but we can at least plan it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom