Quality pictures/video with a go pro set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So the gf gave me a go pro 3+ last x-mas. Mainly, I dive when taking students for their open water dives. So while doing so,(mainly on the last dive of the course) I take the opportunity to take some pictures and videos for them to have something to remember from the experience.

Slowly as well, I've start to gain interest in improving the setup to see if I can get better quality photos and videos and I have a few questions for anyone else out there who shoots serious stuff with a go pro:

First, what do you think about this setup:
Amazon.com : GoPro HERO3+: Black Edition : Camera & Photo
Amazon.com : GoPro HERO3 LCD Touch BacPac : Underwater Camcorders : Camera & Photo
Amazon.com : GoPro Replacement Housing : Underwater Camera Housings : Camera & Photo
https://www.polarprofilters.com/shop/switchblade3-gopro-hero3/
Amazon.com : Ikelite Tray with Orca Torch Underwater Gopro Lighting & Flex Arms Light Kit : Camera & Photo

Pretty much, the only thing I am missing is the light kit. I got the go pro 3 housing because I do some tech diving on my spare time and I would like to bring it along with me when doing dives that don't require a long deco. Is their anything that you would change or recommend?

Once I have any sort of light kit for lighting, (with arms etc..) will it be too hard to take photos (i ask this due to the distance from light arms to the actual go pro).

Any other input is largely appreciate (as any videos/photos you can share that you have taken with the gopro).

I hadn't notice and thanks for the remark. However, one of my questions is kinda asking if anyone has experience with taking photos with a gopro and a lightkit/strobes since I would like to know if it would be hard to shoot with it.

I am more concerned about being able to get better/proper lightning for taking photos with my gopro than anything really.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom