quality and price.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulSmithTek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a descent quality Video Camera and Housing for a decent price. I would appriciate all posts.

Depends upon what you cosider a decent price. Then it goes into electronic or manual controls, generic housing (I would suggest) or specific housing, monitor back or not, etc.

Right now about your best option is to buy a generic housing and whatever camera you want. Set it to auto white balance and go.

My suggestons for a camera would be a 3CCD that records miniDV and Sony if you want LANC/electronic controls.
Housing: Ocean Images, Undersea Video. There are a bunch of others but the housings are going to be a lot more.

i WAS LOOKING SOMEWHERE ALONG THE LINES OF

Sony DCR HC32
Ikelite underwater housing.

I would be in everything around 1000.00

Hi, regarding the camcorder I personally don't like the new HC range, the reason is that they perform very, very poorly in low light due to small size CCD and the size of the lens, check out all prosumer camcorders and compare.(big size ccd and large lenses)
Now, my suggestion is to go for a housing that supports sony Lanc remote control and can accommodate different models like the ones in the TRV series.
I've just bought a Sony DCR_TRV38 on e-bay for $200 as a backup for the one I already have, Check "camcorderinfo.com" website.
Good luck

PaulSmithTek:

There are many options available for you. Yes the Sony HC32 is a nice camera. There are several housing options available for it (Ikelite, Light & Motion Stingray, Equinox, Top Dawg).

If you are really looking for a nice quality camera with excellent underwater and topside performance, as well as a variety of housings to fit any budget, I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE SONY PC1000. In addition to its excellent video quality, it also takes 2.8mp still images...great for just capturing some of those must have moments in a still format to print 5x7...and Ive seen a few 8x10 which werent too bad either.

Back
Top Bottom