Quadra trip February 20-22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepdiverbc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There are some spots available for a trip I'm doing to Quadra Island this February. It's my fifth year going on this trip and we organize it ourselves.

If you're interested please consider that there are some sites that are current sensitive and you will not have a dive master leading your dive. The diving is awesome but may not be suitable if you are a new diver.

It's booked through Abyssal Diving. We stay at their lodge which has a big screen TV and hot tub. Breakfast and dinner are served at the lodge and the food is awesome. Lunch is typically provided on the dive boat. If the lodge fills up there is a hotel nearby to take overflow. There are two dive boats and nitrox is available.

Costs are $525.00 for three days of diving (6 dives) or $350.00 for two days of diving (four dives). Air, food and accommodation are included. For more details check out their website.AbyssalDiving

I am planning on three days of diving, arriving on Friday Feb 20 and leaving on Monday Feb 23. I'm diving on Sat, Sun and Monday.

If anyone is interested send me a message.

Here's some teasers from previous years trips.

Q%20Blennys%20B.jpg

Q%20Mittlenatch%20PSKC2.jpg

Q%20Steep%20Tiger%20Rockfish.jpg

Q%20Mitlenatch%20Sea%20Lion3.jpg

Quadra%20Lord.jpg

Dendronotus%20Iris.jpg

PSKC%20molt.jpg

Octo%20Trap.jpg

Last edited:
It's a great area. Lots of color and life.

We've had years with more than 15 divers but this year there's only five of us signed up. I'm thinking more people is a good thing so I hope a few new people will come along this year.

Four days till Quadra if anyone is still interested in coming along. I thought I'd get at least one bite on this trip. It's an awesome place to dive.

I'll post some pics when I get back.

The dives were great. I stayed for only two days but did six dives. The water was flat calm and it wasn't very cold out. Currents were mild too.

I saw a massive wolf eel, octopus, sailfin sculpin, scaleyhead sculpin, longfin sculpin, juvenille red irish lord, sharpnosed crabs (one with a lemon peal nudibranch on its back), decorator crabs, scaley lithod crabs, PSKC, heart crab, red fur crab. And lots of color. Green and yellow sponge covered a lot of the walls. Strawberry anemones in other areas. And a whole wall of giant barnacles was covered with blue. I don't know if the blue was sponge or algae but it was something to see.

Back
Top Bottom