Quadra Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepdiverbc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I went to Quadra Island last weekend and dove with Abysal Charters.

Here's a slide show I put together. Hope you all enjoy it.

Quadra
11mb

fantastic shots!!!
any idea on what the egg mass was from?

I have been discussing that with other divers. The different colors suggest it is different species which seems odd since typically eggs are laid in private protected areas. I am wondering if there is some kind of symbiotic or predatory relationship going on.

If anyone has the answer please let me know.

P1010036_resize.jpg

Wow, DeepdiveBc, that's really quite the shot.

Ah, Quadra Island.....it's been way too long....

Those are very good photos, now that the file has downloaded. Thanks for posting them...plus, fluffs up my memories of Abyssal's boat....

Quadra Island is one of the true gems in diving.

What are you using for a photo rig? Those pictures are amazing...great colour and clarity.

I have been discussing that with other divers. The different colors suggest it is different species which seems odd since typically eggs are laid in private protected areas. I am wondering if there is some kind of symbiotic or predatory relationship going on.

If anyone has the answer please let me know.

A few weeks ago Dunc and I were at Seducers/Tyee/Blueback and saw a Cabezon sitting on an egg mass of that neon purple colour. The Cab was a different colour than others I have seen - grey/blue with purplish patches. It did not move - at first I thought it was dead so I got closer and when it moved I backed off quickly to let it be.

A few weeks ago Dunc and I were at Seducers/Tyee/Blueback and saw a Cabezon sitting on an egg mass of that neon purple colour. The Cab was a different colour than others I have seen - grey/blue with purplish patches. It did not move - at first I thought it was dead so I got closer and when it moved I backed off quickly to let it be.

Thanks. It still seems odd that eggs would be mixed like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom