Q re filters/diffisers for Sea&Sea YS-D3 Duo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WillandBill

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I’ve just purchased a Backscatter Hybrid Flash as my second strobe, alongside a Sea & Sea YS-D3 Duo I already had.

Part of the appeal of the HF is the range of flat and dome diffusers in different temperatures, especially the ambient blue. I have plain white dome and flat diffusers for the D3 Duo but as far as I know S&S don’t offer these in different colours/temperatures.

Does anyone know of third party options that would fit the D3 Duo that are similar enough to the colour/temp selections for the HF? Is a custom 3D print job a possibility?

I think, since you have to create a custom white balance when using the ambient blue on the HF, maybe it’s not as much of an issue (as when setting to a Kelvin value) because it can account for the non filtered light when creating the setting?

I was planning to connect them both independently using single fibre optic cables as both can use the Olympus RC TTL, which I thought made slaving the Duo to the HF unnecessary but I’m not an experienced strobe user yet so would be grateful for any thoughts or advice from those who are!

All suggestions, recommendations, or DIY work arounds are very welcome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom