PV this July, have questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skoch96266

Reaction score
I am new to diving and will be headed to PV in July and I have a few questions.

1. I am going with 5 snorkelers, should I plan on ditching them for diving or will a snorkel/dive trip be an option without missing the better dive sites?

2. I read on another thread that April was good for Mantas because of mating. How is July? I would love to see one.

3. Dad wants to fish for Marlin/tuna. Any charter recommendations?

Hi,

Many of the dive sites also have appropriate locations for snorkeling. Most local dive shops offer combined trips, so you won't need to ditch your friends. Perhaps you can even convince them to do the Discover Scuba Diving program for first-timers. It involves a swimming pool lesson and then go out diving in the ocean.

You can often find Mantas year-round. April/May is usually when they're more abundant, yet it wasn't the case last year. We're seeing mantas most every trip right now, yet not necessarily while diving. Often we see them skimming the surface during the boat rides out and back from the dive sites. Every year is different. You can keep up to date by reading our "Puerto Vallarta Dive report" which you'll find in this forum.

For fishing check out Puerto Vallarta Fishing

greeting from Alex

I dive with Pacific Scuba when I'm in PV. They do combined divers/snorkelers - in fact, my last trip a week ago, my friend did snorkeling while I dove. No problemo! As far as fishing charters, never did that. I didn't get to see a manta, altho it was my goal - boo, hoo! Maybe next time - I wqas hearing of people seeing them, but the timing obviously just wasn't right. Good luck!!!!

Hi,
There is probably one dive site you dont want to take your friends, and that would be El Moro , and it is really a beautiful dive site.
Chimo is another beautiful dive site and has some snorlkling around a sunken ship that is in shallow water. If you are a more expierenced diver you might want to dive those sites.
If you have a little less expierence, Majahuitas , Los Arcos, and the Marieta Islands have some snorkling for your friends and is nice diving for you to. In the summer time the water conditions are the best .

leslie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom