Putting on a wetsuit???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to have a lot of trouble getting the 7 mil suit on (especially with fake nails), but I got a Henderson Thermoprene and now it's easy peasy!

Try getting a dive skin. That might help it go on easier.

I use to hate wetsuits, 20 yrs of diving and not one single dive in the winter. Well at the end of last year I bought a wetsuit, tried 5 diff brands, did the usuall cused , naged ,you get the pic. A dive instructor up at CR. said next time you put it on try a skin under it, and sure as S#$% the thing slides on and of so easy that know I own 3 wet suits. to cover anyplace I want to dive..

A skin or slippery sox help too. On my Henderson Gold, I wet the sleeves. Be very careful with slippery solutions on a boat as any leaks will make the deck VERY SLIPPERY...... I have seen people slip and fall.

Your suit will become easier to don with time . I find that with a new suit the first 30 to 40 dives are the break in period . I usually need a few extra pounds during this period to compensate new neoprene . Dive deep and compress it !

For me, I have used a 7mm Parkway Farmer John for years. Others around me are cold and crying, but I'm fine. I think it must be that it is a 7mm, so from my knees to my neck it is actually 14mm. I've dove in 46 degree water with no problem.

Also, your suit will loosen up the more you use it, so that's something nice to look forward too.

That's funny....over the years my suit seemed to get tighter and tighter. :wink:

Me, I gave up on diving 7mm suits a couple of years ago. If it's cold enough for 7mm, I put on my dry suit (which has plenty of room and therefore never seems to significantly shrink). :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom