Putting a technical dive team together in NY/NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NORTHEAST

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys maby I will find some tec divers here in NY and the surrounding areas or some of you can point me in the right direction. I just Earned my advanced nitrox and deco procedures through tdi. With that being said I would really like to start hitting deeper wrecks. I've been diving wrecks off nj and Li for a while now but obviously within ndl limits. But I have been diving doubles all of that time. Anyway let's cut to it. It's not easy to find tec divers as easy as it is to find rec divers. I want to put a team together. I want to know the guys I'm always diving with. I want to know how they dive. I want to be able to rely on my buddies and image.jpg ave them feel the same about me. And by no means am I looking to be the leader if this team as I have just began my future in tec diving. I'm 26 years old and this is my passion in life. It always has been since I was very young. With all that being said if there is anyone in New York, New Jersey, CT, or anywhere else that would be willing to travel that wants to get a tec club/team together please chime in and let me know. Or if anyone knows of a team out there that I can look into please let me know. Bottom line is I want to be a part of a group of serious hardcore tec wreck divers! Some of you may wonder well even if they do get a few guys what are they just going to jump into 140' 150' etc of water together off the bat. NO! Little by little as people join together we can go to a quarry such as dutch or maby somewhere not as deep and see how eachother dives first. Once all is figured out them we can start venturing off into deeper waters. Anyway guys let me know what's up. Thanks for reading this.

Here re is a couple of pics of me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 243
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 229
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 245
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 230
What you know about tech Chris!:D

You've got to be kidding, right? I don't know what boats you've been on or what dive shops you've been diving with, but the entire area is loaded with tech and rebreather divers doing deco dives on deeper wrecks every weekend. You would do better to tag along and try to make nice than to start your own "team."

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Ken I didn't mean it like that. Like I said it wouldent have to be my team. Just a team. Yes all the boats I go on are mostly tec divers. I'm not at the level that I would just go out on those boats and dive solo yet. I have a few dive buddy's but they dive recreational. One is going through his an/dp right now

---------- Post added June 8th, 2015 at 05:33 PM ----------

I don't dive with a ds. But yea I guess your right. Just meet them in the boat and try to join them on the next one and build from there. But again it's not easy because a lot of guys won't buddy up with someone they don't know. But hey I'll give it a shot. I started this because I was looking up dive clubs and it seems the clubs are mostly recreational.

---------- Post added June 8th, 2015 at 05:47 PM ----------

Ok so forget this post. Kwinter just pm me and cleared all of this up. I have to do this the right way.

The clubs are indeed mostly recreational. But go to some of the more tech oriented stuff at Diveseekers and get to know some of the tech guys. Go to the peninsula side at Dutch and tag along with some guys. Folks that wouldn't want to dive with an unknown on a boat are less reluctant to dive with you at the quarry. And if you do go on a boat with some tech guys, see about just tagging along on a dive. Not as a buddy but just as someone interested in watching and learning. Don't think of these dives as being wasted. The contacts you make and impressions you leave can be priceless.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Thanks ken I appreciate everything and I will take your advice on all of this.

Be humble... Buy beer.... They will teach... You will learn... Baby steps....

Jim...

Hahaha:wink: That's hilarious but very true. Just like when I became an apprentice in the concrete union. Thanks Jim!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom