putrid boots!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need to get those things outside!

i am having a difficult time getting my boots to dry in any reasonable amount of time. it's humid outside to begin with, making it more difficult. Does anyone have a good, ambient (set it and forget it) way to dry boots?

Dryer? Especially if you have one with one of those racks that stays still.

I made a simple rack out of 3/4" pvc pipe that has numerous upturned sections of pipe upon which I can stick inverted boots, gloves, hoods, speedo and other items which tend to smell strongly of urine. I made it so it hangs from a "washline" in the garage.

that was funny..........but after page 3 was unhelpful! is listerine ok for my boots?!

the rack idea is helpful. egg-cellent

I just put them in the garage upside down. it sometimes takes a few days to dry completely. Just keep them out of the sun.

I've tried a few things and so far i've gotten the following to work.

You know the Absorber, the car drying cloths you can get to dry off car after detailing, put one inside of your boots (worked well on both my dive booties and hiking boots), be sure to wash the cloth out or it'll get funky

also you can buy the gel silica (gun shops, tackle places, closet areas of stores) and put it in a old sock and then put it inside.

boot drying racks that use heat are nice, but can be expensive.

The more air flow to inside the boots on any rack the better.

In the summer time make an outdoor dryer... buy a new black trash can or paint a new one black. preferably one that makes a close to air tight seal. put it inside and let it get warm and toasty, open the container letting the muggy air pour out. depending on how sunny it is and how wet the gear is this could take less than a day.

Upgrade to the Henderson Insta-Dry boots. Seriously. Check 'em out. Dry the next day if I do nothing, or wipe a towel over them, and they're dry in 15 minutes. Plus the anti-microbial neoprene on the inside keeps 'em smelling like neoprene, not feet. Or worse.

Back
Top Bottom