Push/No Push

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When Kodak came out with 400asa Royal Gold, I never looked back (except shooting macro). Unfortunately, Kodak has discontinued this film

I am happy to report that Kodak has filled the Royal Gold 400 hole. The new film is called Kodak High Definition 400 and is reportably one of the finest grained ISO400 C41 films out there. It's spectral respose curves are really rather interstings too.

Thanks for the line on the new Kodak 400. Now I just need to find some! What's your source?

---Bob

Hello,

try b&h they have awsome prices on film and few can match their prices.

This is the film.B&H

Ed

James connell once bubbled...
if your shooting E6 stuff - they don't push more than a stop ( at least not well).
since your asking this Q i assume your not a pro. if not Don't shoot E6 (slide film)
stick with good quality color neg - it has a broader range the E6.

That would depend on which E6 film you get and what results you want. It's OK for anyone to shoot E6, it will give you great results. (to everyone) Don't let this spill hinder you from trying different films, including E6.

Ed

blacknet once bubbled...

That would depend on which E6 film you get and what results you want. It's OK for anyone to shoot E6, it will give you great results. (to everyone) Don't let this spill hinder you from trying different films, including E6.

Ed

by all means try lots of different films, but be aware -
E6 is very sensitive to exposure, if you're off by more than ~1/2 stop you may not like the results. also E6 covers only ~ 5 stops, color neg film (C41) has a range of ~7 stops - it's much more forgiving, with E6 your pretty much stuck with what's on the film, with C41 the lab can probably get you a very good print even if you're off by 3 stops or so ( of course it won't be as good as if you got it dead on).

what happens if you miss the exposure with e6 (or even if you get it right)? well the highlights ( the brightest parts) turn white if you over expose and if you underexpose the shadows get Very black. actualy this happens anyway - it's a result of the 5 stop range.
why do pros shoot E6? because thats what the mag editors wanted, until recently - with digital scanning they will accept a digital file and it makes NO difference what it was shot on.

don't let the previous poster have you ruin your vacation photos just because he's made a fool of himself in a different thread. he's busy running around peeing on my posts.

if you are going to shoot E6 - PRACTICE with it before it matters.

Hello,

If you are going to shoot ANYTHING then practice. E6 is no exception, it's no black art film technique or voodo film. E6 can give anyone great results and you can have awsome results, even with the smaller latitude. I believe the phrase expansion/compression comes to mind.'

I have seen E6 images that is more than 1 stop off, exposure wise, that looked great. It all depends on what your goals are. Remember exposure and composure are not etched in stone laws, they are guidelines.

Ed

blacknet once bubbled...

I have seen E6 images that is more than 1 stop off, exposure wise, that looked great. It all depends on what your goals are. Remember exposure and composure are not etched in stone laws, they are guidelines.

you can get Great pix by messing with exposure. it is particularly gratifying if you did it on purpose!

brakeing the rules is fine but you should know why you broke them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom