purge on my Ocean Master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laserdoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have had this mask for 10 years and love the strap and the purge in it. My only complaint is after a few dives I get a rubed spot on the tip of my nose and it is a little sore. Going to Bonaire in a few months and will be doing a whole lot of dives and I'm sure my nose will be a sore site to say the least. Any suggestions?? Hate to give the mask up

My original OceanMaster mask caused the same sore spot on my nose as you describe. Two years ago the silicon skirt ripped on the mask making it worthless, but after 300+ dives I couldn't complain. So I bought a new OM mask and guess what? No more sore spot on the nose. My guess is that they have changed the mold which eliminated this problem. Short of putting a bandaid on your nose, buy a new mask because the problem isn't going to go away.

metaldector:
My original OceanMaster mask caused the same sore spot on my nose as you describe. Two years ago the silicon skirt ripped on the mask making it worthless, but after 300+ dives I couldn't complain. So I bought a new OM mask and guess what? No more sore spot on the nose. My guess is that they have changed the mold which eliminated this problem. Short of putting a bandaid on your nose, buy a new mask because the problem isn't going to go away.
Hmmmmmmm you may have something here. My mask is about 10 years old. Really do like this mask!!

Had the same problem with mine, loved the mask, the strap and the purge. But it definitely rubbed on my nose. Mine was an older Z2, is that the same one you are using metaldector?

My first OM was a V3 which I wore about 4 years until I replaced it with a Primero about 18 months ago. No nose problems with either.

Suggestion: It's time for a new mask!!!

My girlfriend just got a new one and I tryed it on . The purge is different from my z4 put in the mirror it looks like it will still touch my nose. I do not want to by other mask and see that it does the same thing. I may end up getting one with no purge unless I can find a mask with a purge that will not touch the tip of my nose.Anyone know who else makes masks with a purge deep enough not to touch my nose. Hate to give the strap up on these ocean master.It maybe a toss up purge with no strap or strap and no purge....what to do hmmmmmmmm

Dude! I had the same problem about 10 years ago. Now, I remember to slide the mask down when I put it on and leav ethe strap loose. I mean just tight enough that the water doen't push it up when you enter.

If only it was black.........Spray paint

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom