Purchasing Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In addition to other pros previously posted for owning, many dive shops will throw in air fills when you make a this type of purchase. Don't be afraid to ask.

cmalinowski:
I also have a set of LP-121's that haven't gotten wet yet.

Well, if you aren't going to use them, fell free to send them on down to TX. I'll pay shipping. (hehehe)

My parents got me 2 LP PST 95's 3 years ago for Christmas. They didn't ask me what kind of tanks i wanted or if i even wanted tanks. They went to the DS i had worked at for the previous 2 summers and asked them what they thought would be good. I was thrilled to have my own tanks, but that next summer i did summer school instead of working so the tanks stayed dry for about a year and a half. Then after i graduated i started working at a LDS fulltime and diving a lot more. Now i love having my own tanks. Since a i have a key to the shop the convience factor isn't that big, but i still like having my own tanks. On a good fill i can get 2 shallow dives at the quarry and plenty of air for an offshore NC dive.

Like a lot of people have said, if you do a lot of local diving or you want something other than al 80's it's a good idea to have your own tanks.

Got 6, 2 sets of doubles, and will probably get more. If you're going to dive a lot...........but but didn't someone say if it flys, floats, or f$%&s its cheaper to rent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom