? Purchase another Oceanic Pro plus 2.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deegggo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Need help on new computer..Here is background:
- purchased wife an Oceanic pro plus 2.1 last year and now my old computer has died - I went with that one for her based on reviews and most importantly large display she needed to have to see....
- My old computer was an air - integrated console type - I'm used to that don't see any reason to consider switching types
- Currently Average recreational diver - don't do Nitrox yet - likely will as we do more diving -have place in and plan on retiring in Roatan in next 5 - 10 years.
- top of budget is probably the $699 for the Oceanic Pro plus 2.1 with Quick DC (we've like that feature to be able to take computer back home and not leave at dive shop between dives)

Would you consider anything else besides another Pro plus 2.1 given that we are happy with it, uses the same download cable, we'd be on the same profile, etc...???

All good reasons to stay with the PP2.1. We have two and like the alot. If I go cave or wreck, Ill go wrist, but for rec OW dives its great.

I'm quite happy with my PP2.1. While it had the temperature issues and it took time to get resolved, it's a solid unit.

Oh - and it does Nitrox just fine.

Back
Top Bottom