Pump for dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkbomb123

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Dan V for the idea. I bought a Pittsburg transfer pump from Harbor Freight for $4 bucks on sale. It's made of plastic, 9" long from end to end and 1-1/2" in dia . I cut an old inflator hose in half and hooked it up to the inlet of the pump ( same O.D) 20 fast pumps and I'm vacuum sealed. The crotch and armpits are sealed in on deck, no more short frog kicks:). I also used the hose it came with to vacuum out my wing
through the inflator hose. I have used it about 10 dives so far so good.

BOB L

I,m sorry but I don't understand why you would need this?

I don't either, external water pressure does the job just fine.

He is wanting to empty the air out completely so he can minimize his buoyancy.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

I puzzled over this when I first read it, and then looked at who had told him about it and where he's from. They do hot drops into strong current in that part of Florida; getting all the air out of the suit and wing is critical to do ON the boat.

Reactions: Jax
I puzzled over this when I first read it, and then looked at who had told him about it and where he's from. They do hot drops into strong current in that part of Florida; getting all the air out of the suit and wing is critical to do ON the boat.

I'v done some "hot drops", & as I'm heavier at the beginning of the dive than the end, I still don't get the point.

OK, hot drops, still seems a bit weird, but then I'm comfortable actively swimming down head first.

Can vent the suit on board wihout pump and suck my wing flat manually. Why a pump?

I'm not an expert but I understand why especially, hot dropping from a boat. I noticed that I could feel the water slowly compressing the garment as I was venting, if the OP wants to do it quickly so be it. For my buddy with parkinsons this might be a good option.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom