pull over glove with modular system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marc.collin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi

somebody know if it's possible to use pull over glove with this kind of modular system?

quickcuff_1.jpg

thanks

Yes I know quite a few people, myself included, who use a pull over glove with that ring system in near freezing water

I believe what I am using is exactly this system, it was the default that came with my Whites Fusion. I just stretch a good few inches of the $12 rubber pull-over gloves from DRIS over the wrist rings. No additional o-rings are needed. I have not had any leaks. I should add that I have standard "old style" wrist rings, these are round and larger as compared to "new style" oval-shaped ones that are supposed to be more compact (or so I heard... I've never seen those, perhaps someone from DRIS may chime in).

No o-ring required.

I have seen pull overs gloves used with Standard wrist seals using the inner stiff ring, DUI Zips, Si-Tech rings and the above with no outer O-Ring needed. The nice thing is you are able to use wrist seal just incase of glove failure. I just leave my undergarment thumb loop protruding from under my seal to allow equalization. If they spring leak I just pull on my sleeve to retract the thumb loop. No flooded suit.

These are pictures of the pull over gloves ($10 @ Diveseekers) with standard wrist seals and inner stiff rings placed under my cuff of my Santi. I really love these gloves and they have stood up exceptionally well to NJ/NY wreck diving. I'm still on my first pair. I love the simplicity and they are self donning. They just work.

IMG-20120511-00114.jpgIMG-20120511-00115.jpgIMG-20120514-00116.jpgIMG-20120514-00118.jpgIMG-20120514-00119.jpg

Cool to see that. I hadn't seen people with this system wearing pull over gloves and thought that since the stiff ring is hidden inside and outside it's so smooth, they wouldn't work properly.
Has anyone seen them being used with the oval rings?

I tried them with oval rings... had a miserable dive. The trouble with the ovals and pullover gloves is the ovals don't allow the gloves to get even pressure to seal the gloves to the suit. So the gloves tend to fit tight on the bent part of the ring and rather loose on the flatter part of the ring. Add to that, I flooded instantly with a large glove as the wrist portion of that sized glove is to large for the ovals. So I borrowed a size smaller glove, which was very tight on my hand, then pulled the glove as far to the sides as I could to get a tighter fit and better seal on the flat portions. It still leaked and by the end of the dive my hands were wet and very cold (40* water). Bottom line is use round rings with pull over gloves.

i use oring over the pull over gloves on older viking/sitech rings.
it mitigates pressure buildup when u scootering and mover your left hand back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom