Pulau Hantu & Sisters Island Marine Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skinnylatte

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all divers familiar with Singapore,

I have mostly done my diving in Malaysia / Indonesia / Thailand and now I would like to do more 'local' diving.

I see that some dive shops like GS, Marlin, do run trips to Hantu and Sisters Island, does anyone have any experience in these local dives and do you have a good operator you can recommend?

I have always had a blast with GS - that is, when Gary was still in SG. They have a bigger boat now though, not sure if this means more chaos. Hantu is a very, very easy dive site, I did my OW class there with Gary. Just a half hour or so boat ride from the harbor. You are looking at two guided 40-50 minute dives to the max depth of 13 meters or so. The water is rather murky by SE Asia standards but far from horrible. There are some lovely critters there. Everyone is obsessed with nudibranchs for one reason or another, and there are some. Really not a bad way to spend Sunday morning. I hear they even have twinsets for rent these days. I have also done a few terrific liveaboard trips with them on the Seaborne.

I did only one trip to Hantu with Marlin. It is a much smaller operation, much smaller boat too, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. I had no problems whatsoever on that trip. Both Martin and E Lin are a lot of fun.

No experience with Sisters Island.

Last edited:
I have always had a blast with GS - that is, when Gary was still in SG. They have a bigger boat now though, not sure if this means more chaos. Hantu is a very, very easy dive site, I did my OW class there with Gary. Just a half hour or so boat ride from the harbor. You are looking at two guided 40-50 minute dives to the max depth of 13 meters or so. The water is rather murky by SE Asia standards but far from horrible. There are some lovely critters there. Everyone is obsessed with nudibranchs for one reason or another, and there are some. Really not a bad way to spend Sunday morning. I hear they even have twinsets for rent these days. I have also done a few terrific liveaboard trips with them on the Seaborne.

I did only one trip to Hantu with Marlin. It is a much smaller operation, much smaller boat too, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. I had no problems whatsoever on that trip. Both Martin and E Lin are a lot of fun.

No experience with Sisters Island.

Wow, very helpful, thank you!

Sisters Island just opened up last year and it looks like an interesting trail.

Back
Top Bottom