Puerto Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shrichard:
I agree with Scott: Javier (Pacific Scuba) are the best!

Here's another vote for Javier and pacific scuba!! I have made 3 week long trips to PV and dove with them each time. They are really nice and they go out of their way to make sure you have a good time. If you are diving multiple days, make sure you get a receipt when you pay because they forgot I paid and were trying to charge me again and it was an uncomfortable situation to be in.

I was ther for 2 weeks in Oct. The water was in the high 80s. I know that doesn't help you now. I 10 days of diving and used a few different shops. I would stay away from Ocean Quest. They really didn't have the stuff together and you have to provide your transportation to where they rent their boat. It's about 12 miles out of town. Getting back to town can be hard. I really enjoyed the time I spent with Chicos. They took care of my gear and the boats were a little better. Pacific Scuba was OK too. Just my thoughts. Rob

Does Pacific scuba provide 5mm wet suits or do I need to plan on bringing my own.

They can provide them.

stevenq99:
water temps in August was very nice about 82F. Lots to see including Mantas however the good dive sites are a long way out. We dove with Twin Dolphins and would go with them again in a minute.
I dove with Twin Dolphins in July 04 warm water, and dove with Pacific Scuba in May 05. When I dove with Pacific Scuba they owned the boat and Twin Dolphin DM and divers were on the boat with them. Apparently they work together sometime and if neither has a full boat they will coordinate and take only one boat. The boat wasn't crowded and it was a good dive day. In april I wore a long 3mm from the dive shop and my hood, I was warm enough.
Have fun!

Depends on when you are going. Winter minimum 5mm but in mid summer a pair of boardshorts and lycra. I worked in PV and some good sites for experienced divers are corbetena and el morro for beginning or intermediate divers islas mariatas and majahuitas or los arcos. Try Twin Dolphins for individualized service and smaller quicker boats to get you to and from your divesite. YOu can find them online and if you use them let Giovanni know that Jeff is alive and well in Seattle. (used to work for him). Best of luck and safe diving.

I will be diving with Twin Dolphins in a few weeks. Gio and I are old friends. I will be sure to let him know you are alive :)

Back
Top Bottom