Puerto Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lyric

New
Reaction score
We are going to Puerta Vallarta for 10 days, please let us know if the diving is good in this area.

Welcome to Scuba Board!!

As to PV diving, I really enjoyed it! (Of course, my last dive was in 36 degree water with 6' vis and I really enjoyed that, too :D) Here is a link to my old report: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=31616

The search function is your friend. Try searching the Mexico Forum for other opinions about diving in PV.

I like PV. However, it is colder than one might expect. I really enjoyed having brought 7mm in December. Everyone else was a bit cold on the second dive of the day.

I dove with Chico's dive shop there last year (Feb14-24th wa the trip). I was in a shorty(5-7mm thick but still a shorty) and wasn't too chilled. I am usually cold too! Now I would never dive with only a shorty again(I'm always cold) but at the time I didn't know better. Anyways the diving was nice. We dove a beginner site Los Arcos. They did more advanced sites also but at the time we weren't ready for that. Also if you have never done a canopy tour and have some time I would recommend it. It was a ton of fun. We went out with marine researcher too and did a zodiak whale watching tour. Very nice.

Miranda

Plan on at min a 5mm. Unless your internal heater works better than mine.

Have fun and Happy Diving

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

I agree with Scott: Javier (Pacific Scuba) are the best!

water temps in August was very nice about 82F. Lots to see including Mantas however the good dive sites are a long way out. We dove with Twin Dolphins and would go with them again in a minute.

Back
Top Bottom