Puerto Vallarta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdglassco

Reaction score
I know this isn't Caribbean but wasn't sure where to post - I'm going to be in Puerto Vallarta for a week in November and can't find much about the diving there. Does anyone know whether I should bother to lug my gear?

There's a few dozen threads titled "puerto vallarta" just search...

The short answer to your question... There's 1 or 2 decent dive sites... Nothing to write home about. If you're going to be there anyway on vacation... Dive once or twice. You probably won't want to go more than that.

Look Up Twin Dolphines Dive Shop Thay Will Clean Your Gear And Store It For You Next Dive If You Want More Info Im Me Or Just Ask It On This Post

jdglassco:
I know this isn't Caribbean but wasn't sure where to post - I'm going to be in Puerto Vallarta for a week in November and can't find much about the diving there. Does anyone know whether I should bother to lug my gear?
I went there last year for a week. I took my gear but it wasn't necessary. I dove a couple of times with Vallarta Adventures. They were very professional and had free entertainment on board. They pile divers and non divers on their boats and manage to cover a lot of ground as far as sightseeing, beach combing, diving, snorkeling, kayaking. They manage to orchestrate it very well. The diving was OK, nothing spectacular as compared to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, etc.They provide gear at no extra charge and it appeared to be up to date and in good shape. It is worth diving but I would choose another location if diving is your primary concern. Nothing to compare to but I would highly recommend Vallarta Adventures. Good Luck.

I am going to be there diving Nov 12-19th. My wife and I always take our own gear because we are picky about our gear. We are diving with Vallarta Adventures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom