Puerto Vallarta Viz/temp.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Im going to be on a cruise that makes a stop in Puerto Vallarta. Just wondering if anyone knows waht the vizibility and temperature is like this time of year?> Ill be in P.V. on the 20th of August. When i dove last summer, it was in the gulph in Bahamas and i was HOT in my 2 mm shortie...will i need it in the pacific? any advice would be great, thanks. Also, what stuff will i see? Is it similar to GUlph coral?

hi, i think that temp, would be around 80's. You can dive without wetsuit but will be good idea to dive with a lycra.

you might see mantas, rays, puffers, eels, octopus, sea horses, etc.... Pacific ocean coral and fishes are different from the caribeans.

It should be nice and warm in the 80's. It was bathtub warm on July 4th several years ago and I could have dove just in a bathingsuit but I was glad I had a wetsuit because there were some jellyfish in the area.

We found the water to be warm (at the end of July), but if you are doing multiple dives, you might want a suit. I wore my 3/2 and actually got a little chilly after two days of 4 dives per day. But my buddy wore a 1.5 shorty, and thought he could have gone with less, and one of our DMs wore just swim trunks.

I would definately reccomend a skin- there were lot's of jellyfish- the stings go away quickly, but the fewer, the better. I also had something tive me a rash on my exposed after jumping in with my skin at my waist.

I made 2 dives with leslie with just swim trunks on, she wore a skin just for the jellyfish. I recommend one, I got a pretty decent sting on my arm, no big deal, but I could have live without it. I didnt get cold at all, was very nice.

Hi!

I review my dives on my website (see my sig file below) - so you can see temp and viz. It varies by the day ... my last dive was a couple of days ago and it was 50 feet and 86 degrees down to 100 feet.

There are jellyfish so DEF. bring a skin! I also have some pictures from my local dives (again see sig file!)

I've been diving with a lot of the shops in the area if you need recommendations.

L-O-N:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom