Puerto Vallarta & Pacific Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goldcountrydiver

Registered
Reaction score
Just joined the board officially, after lurking for quite a while. Great resources all around.

Wanted to let everyone know about my experience in PV. Was in Mexico in mid-April for a cousin's wedding, so decided to dive a couple of days in anticipation of my Galapagos trip in September. Based on recommendations from this board, I contacted Pacific Scuba via e-mail. They were excellent on communications, and quickly confirmed my trip. They even gave me a 20% discount for booking via their website, which was a nice bonus. I had actually forgotten about this discount, but they went so far as to remind me when I paid them for the two days of diving.

Diving is from smaller boats (pangas), but the divemaster, Alex, and the others took good care of us. First day was to Majahuitas for two dives. We were hoping to see mantas (which we did see on the surface during our boat ride to the dive site), but no luck. Viz was so-so, and water was cool (at least for me) at mid-60s. Boat had about ten other divers, but it seemed like there was plenty of room.

Second day, the seas were a bit rougher, and Alex said that the viz on the previous day wasn't very good. He recommended Los Arcos, which I knew was a very touristy site. The good news is that we were the first boat there, so the snorkel boats were not a problem. Moreover, I was very impressed that they still took this trip even though my wife and I were the ONLY passengers they had that day. That's right; we got a private day of diving for a mere $65 per person!

Sea life was pretty good (lots of eels and a couple of spotted eagle rays), though viz was still so-so. Overall, a good couple of days of diving, made so much better by the folks at Pacific Scuba. They even dropped us off at another pier on the way back so my wife and I could walk to our hotel, rather than taking a taxi. I had heard stories of some other dive operators in PV who crammed their boats with lots of "resort certified" divers. Glad that I missed that circus. I highly recommend Pacific Scuba!

Nice folks...I used them a couple years back. Glad you had a good time. I just wish they had a bathroom on the boat for those long trips :) I went overboard and got jellyfish stings---OUCH!!!

I used them last year and had a wonderful time. I like the small boats as you get to where you want to be sooner! Ray was great to deal with and made my trip worthwhile.

jpomerantz:
I used them last year and had a wonderful time. I like the small boats as you get to where you want to be sooner! Ray was great to deal with and made my trip worthwhile.
Ditto the Doc. I always recomend them rather than -mooooooo.... Chicos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom