Puerto Vallarta - Pacific Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RHungENT

Registered
Reaction score
Just came back from Puerto Vallarta for a 4 tank dive trip. After reading all the SB posts about PV, I decided to go with Pacific Scuba. They were known as a personalized divers-only shop. This was the first thing that attracted me to them. I did not want a "tourist" cattleboat stuffed with divers and snorklers. I think Safe and Small is the best way to dive.

Los Arcos
This was a scenic area with a continental shelf wall. It's cold down there and dark. The abyss feeling was really cool. We drifted down to "130ft" and slowly made our ascent back up. It was a great experience. Probably not something I would routinely do, because there aren't really too many fish/corals down there. Awesome dive!

Las Marietas Islands
This was a great dive. I am fascinated by overhead environments like caves and wrecks and this was a great introduction. There were about 15-20ft long dark tunnels. What fun...just follow the spot from your flashlight towards the exit. We did about 4-5 swim throughs and tunnels that day. We also took turns breathing in an air pocket on the roof of one of the cave entrances.
The surfact interval was great. There was a beach carved into the rocky island. All the "tourists" stayed in one area. Thanks to Javier, he showed us an area "off the beaten path" to a wonderful scenic ocean inlet to the island. What an awesome discover to view.

In the end, I can't say enough about Pacific Scuba and Javier. The service and education was great. Would surely five with them next time I visit PV.

Richard

Sounds great, I travel to PV quite a bit (over the years), will have to expand my diving there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom