Puerto Vallarta Manta Rays

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeyjoe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi,

We will be in PV Feb 6-13 and I have finally got my wife to commit to getting certified!

Two questions:

Does one site in particular offer a greater chance of sighting manta rays over the others?

Also, what is the water temp right now and what thickness of wetsuit is best? 3mm? 5mm? 7mm? At least I can leave my 7mm drysuit at home........:D

Thanks,

Michael

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for 9 days of diving in PV. Last January I dove in my 7 mm w/ 5 mm hood and gloves, and was comfortable. My friend that lives down there dives in a 5 w/ full hood. But I get cold easily. I'll post more specifics when I get back on the 29th or so.

Water temperature has been in the upper 60s in the 70-100 ft depth range. Our rental wetsuits are Pinnacle "Cruiser" 7/5mm and hoods, which are more than enough for the current conditions.

We have been sighting giant mantas all over. I´d say there´s about an equal chance to sight them in any of our local dive sites.

greetings from Alex at PVScuba

Hi,

We will be in PV Feb 6-13 and I have finally got my wife to commit to getting certified!

Two questions:

Does one site in particular offer a greater chance of sighting manta rays over the others?

Also, what is the water temp right now and what thickness of wetsuit is best? 3mm? 5mm? 7mm? At least I can leave my 7mm drysuit at home........:D

Thanks,

Michael

Will be there same time, who are you diving with, or have you decided yet?

Back
Top Bottom