Puerto Vallarta in May/June-Diving Conditions

Would you return to dive in Puerto Vallarta?

• Maybe in summer...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe in winter...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arica

New
Reaction score
How are the conditions in Puerto Vallarta in May/June? Mostly concerned with viz and water temp...

Been diving off of La Paz and Cozumel, was thinking something different but want warm water, ie/ 3mm max.

What about Ixtapa?

Thanks for any information!

I took a cruise that had an excursion for diving and snorkeling in Puerto Vallarta in April and I wore a 7ml and was comfortable. I would never recommend the same group that the cruise line used. There were a great deal(wall to wall) of jelly fish in the area that they stopped at for us.

I usually go to PV in Dec and use a 5mm. Went there in May a couple of years ago -- a 3mm would be fine. That May there were a lot of jelly fish near the surface -- you'd come up with your octo flowing to clear a path. They were bad at Los Arcos on the south side but much better at Marietas Islands.

A 7mm in April?...brrr, that's chilly! That's what I wear in CA, that or a drysuit!

I would think May/June would be WARM...???
Visibility???

Hey Fa8le,

I dive here all year round. Last year, in March, the water was quite cold but it seems to be a little warmer this year. I hasn't dropped below 70 at about 90ft. Last year it was down to high 50's in March. Give Alex a call at La Ola Ocean Adventures and he'll take you on some great dives

D

Last year, in March, the water was quite cold but it seems to be a little warmer this year. I hasn't dropped below 70 at about 90ft.

Super, maybe it won't be too much cooler by the time March rolls around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom