Puerto Vallarta Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drschwartz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We're headed to PV in December. I was wondering what dives and shops folks would recommend in the area.

TIA,
David

I am in PV now, and just finished 5 days diving with PV Ocean Tours. We have dove here before, but our last dive in PV was 5 years ago with PV Ocean Tours. I am going to do a trip report when I get home, but for now I will just say I highly recommend PV Ocean Tours. Marc and Alun are great, Chuy is a great divemaster/marine biologist, and Alonso was a terrific captain.

Visibility in PV is nowhere near as good as Cozumel, but today alone we saw 4 Manta rays, several eagle rays, several octopus (first time seeing during day dives), and a white tip reef shark that seems to have taken up residence north of Los Arcos. It was a great week and chock full of wildlife.
Marc has a new boat that is large and easy to dive from. They are very customer oriented and will cater to your needs. They do offer valet service and will keep your gear, rinse, and being back to you the next day. They operate out of Mismaloya Beach so you are close to the best dive sites. If you stay in Nuevo Vallarta or Zona Romantica you will have a longer cab ride each day, but we were just north of Mismaloya so it was very convenient for us. We have had a great trip and will return.

I am in PV now, and just finished 5 days diving with PV Ocean Tours. We have dove here before, but our last dive in PV was 5 years ago with PV Ocean Tours. I am going to do a trip report when I get home, but for now I will just say I highly recommend PV Ocean Tours. Marc and Alun are great, Chuy is a great divemaster/marine biologist, and Alonso was a terrific captain.

Visibility in PV is nowhere near as good as Cozumel, but today alone we saw 4 Manta rays, several eagle rays, several octopus (first time seeing during day dives), and a white tip reef shark that seems to have taken up residence north of Los Arcos. It was a great week and chock full of wildlife.
Marc has a new boat that is large and easy to dive from. They are very customer oriented and will cater to your needs. They do offer valet service and will keep your gear, rinse, and being back to you the next day. They operate out of Mismaloya Beach so you are close to the best dive sites. If you stay in Nuevo Vallarta or Zona Romantica you will have a longer cab ride each day, but we were just north of Mismaloya so it was very convenient for us. We have had a great trip and will return.
Is that report available yet? How's this dive compare to Scuba Diving Islas Marietas?

Thanks,
David

I posted the report last week. Here is a link. I have never been to Islas Marietas so I can't help you there. J

Realizing you're probably already booked and packed for your trip, but I second the recommendation for Silent World Divers. www.silentworlddivers.com

The best site I've visited there is called El Morro, a pinnacle just outside PV bay. It's a long boat ride, but well worth it. Dropping from the boat to 95', you enter a shaft at the bottom of the pinnacle, and spiral upward through a wide passage before exiting.

Marietas is wonderful for structure and life, as are the inner bay sites.

I can second El Morro. I was there last week and it was an amazing dive. We also dived Los Arcos and were lucky enough to see a huge Manta. Great diving all round. Temps were 80 to 83F.

Thank you @Guitarcrazy for the report

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom