Puerto Vallarta Dive Master recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmhunt

Registered
Reaction score
I recently return from a week in Puerto Vallarta where we had a fantastic time. I had the privilage of spending 3 days in the water with Leslie and Nacho, Local Divers, My Homepage

They went out of their way to make sure I had a great way to ensure I had a great time. I was lucky to have spent two of the three days with Leslie as a personal guide, and we saw all there was to see. Six fantastic dives although one of them was deffenitly challenging with very strong current but even then they made sure we were safe and still had a good dive.

As I'm a newer diver with less than 30 dives at the time and they had had some rough weather just previously, they took us to the spots that were appropriate and still had lots to see. We managed to spend our time enjoying the rays, eels, fish, snakes, dolphines, whales, I held an octopus, etc. It was a trip that I will never forget and I would recomend this team to anyone looking to get the most for their diving dollars in Puerto Vallarta.

To the sceptics, no it is not the Carribean, but I dive the waters off of Vancouver BC Canada and the visability was better than anything we usually get here, and there was tons to see and experience, and thats what its all about anyway, being in the water and enjoying the sights.

Thank you Leslie and Nacho for a trip I will not forget.

David Hunt

Which site were you when you encountered the strong currents? I am returning to PV the end of January and of course, will be diving.

We were in Chimo but it was unusual as I mentioned they had strong storms there the previous week and things were still calming down again.

Thanks for the response. Did you see any mantas? I had read somewhere that Chimo was known for mantas. But the LDS I dive with down there just emailed me and said the mantas are around all over and you have to just have to get lucky. Makes sense, I guess!

We saw mantas on top of the water from the boat but nothing while diving. In Chimo all the fish were smart enough to stay on the back side of the pinacle and out of the current, not much else around.

dm;

Can you tell us which dive site in PV where you saw whales?

We were at Majahuitas enjoying our surfice interval when it just swam by.

hello everyone.I am going to pv on feb 8th to go do some diving.Ihave never been to that part before.I usally go south of fl,coz places where the water temp is warm and clear.so whats the vis and water temp in feb? what else is there to see in pv?we are staying at the samba and renting a car.Is it cheaper to rent before we get there? I like off the beaten path,we will be there 4 days.eagle ray and whales sound great to me.I would to stay away from cattle boats,also is it sunny there now should we pre tan? steve from mich.p.s its snowing here now.

Hi Steve,
Sounds like dm had a wonderful time with Local Divers. If you want to check out more than just one shop, myfriend Giovanni and his son Tony own Twin Dolphins in PV. It is one of the oldest shops there with a good reputation. Giovanni is native to PV diving there over 40 years. They are fluent in English, Spanish, & Italian. They run dive trips and whale watching trips. Tell them I said hello.

Puerto Vallarta scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing and Eco-tours at Twin Dolphins
Giovanni B Macedo [tdscuba1@pvnet.com.mx]
office: 322-2931905

The time I was at Chimo, also with Leslie and Nacho, we saw plenty of mantas. It was very exciting! We'd see them on the surface, but the vis was so bad above the thermocline that we couldn't see them underwater. But we saw so many on the surface that we knew they were there, so it was exciting none-the-less.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom