Puerto Morelos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ebyron

Registered
Reaction score
i am still looking for recommendations of dive operators in Puerto Morelos.

all i have to go on so far is web sites.

i like the looks of Aquanauts Dive Adventures, Dive In Puerto Morelos, and Wet Set Scuba.

Please Help
eliot

I've dived P.M. on three separate trips and always dived with Aquanauts. Great shop, right on the beach, and nothing but great things to say about them.

I've dived P.M. on three separate trips and always dived with Aquanauts. Great shop, right on the beach, and nothing but great things to say about them.

How was the diving from there? I know it's not as good as Coz but I understand it's pretty good. Did you do wrecks/reefs both? How was the vis?

I am going in 1st week of May staying at the Excellence. I can book from there and leave right from the dock at the hotel. Aquaworld is the name of the operator. I like the fact that I can leave right from the dock there at the hotel and not worry about getting to PM even though it is fairly close. That is important as the wife does not dive so time is a factor for me. :wink:

I just dove Playa del Carmen, not far from Puerto Morelos. I'm not sure what the deal is with everyone saying it is not as good as Cozumel. I had some great dives in Cozumel, but I also had great dives in the Playa area. As an example, I went to a relatively shallow dive spot, the Jardines, because we had a new diver with us. Just as soon as we descended to depth, a huge sea turtle was right in front of us. She was every sort of curious about us and not totally scared, so she let us look at her for awhile. It was so cool! I saw a couple of spotted Morey Eel and tons of various fish. My most favorite fish in the world is the goat fish - they crack me up! I saw bunches of them. I thought it was a great spot even if it isn't considered the best in the area. I've heard around Puerto Morelos is great. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom