Puerto Morelos May 2-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our trip over to Cozumel was very much worth it. We had a car and drove to Playa Del Carmen and then took the ferry out. Paul from wetset had recommended Aqua Safari (sp?) and they did afternoon dives on a fast boat so the group was smaller. Their location is just 4-5 blocks up off the ferry dock on the main road.

I have to admit that I was very impressed with the diving on Cozumel as the coral formations are so different than what I saw off the main land. I did see a lot of the same fish and the water is very clear at both locations. But then again, each day of diving the viz seems to change or you can get a lot of silt stirred up that plays in to the adventure depending on the group of divers you go with and their experience.

After Cozumel I was a little dissappointed in Puerto Morelos but then on our last day we went on 4 dives and the morning 2 was only 4 of us with the dm and the afternoon 2 dives was just my husband and I and the dm. The small group was great as it was easy to stay together and not worry about those that were wandering off and we could just drift with the current as it came and explore where we found it interesting for us. The dive boat just follows our bubbles and picked us up when were were done.

I would go back to either place and remember even a bad day of diving is still better than a great day of working. Unless you are staying for a month, you will miss things. We were there for 2 weeks and besides wanting lazy days by the pool, diving, travel to the ruins and discovering remote beaches, there was not enough time. I am already thinking of going back in November and doing it again :) The Caribbean water is truly addictive!

Marsha

Kin, You really should go diving with Chris and I with Dive Puerto Morelos. The C56 wreck is a fun dive along with some of the shallower reef dives.

Back
Top Bottom