Puerto Galera dive trip down payment by wire transfer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Which dive resort requires 20% deposit?
2. Blue Ribbon(own room), Frontier and South Sea Divers are my suggestion on small but established dive operator in PG. There are plenty to choose beside these three eg. Capt Gregg.
3. Book a room in PG for one night through eg Agoda and then talk with the individual operator while you are there.
4. City State Tower or Lotus Garden in Ermita(Manila) cost around $40.00 per night. Plenty of other choices along Mabini Street.
5. May is already the beginning of typhoon season so the 20% refundable?

Frontier is who we are diving with, payment in full 30 days in advance. Full refund if cancelled 30 days or more, no refund on room if cancelled within 30 days. No refund at all if cancelled within 7 days. But we are a large group.

Frontier is who we are diving with, payment in full 30 days in advance. Full refund if cancelled 30 days or more, no refund on room if cancelled within 30 days. No refund at all if cancelled within 7 days. But we are a large group.
Who are you staying with (hotel/resort)?

Op here,

The dive resort that is requesting 20% down (remainder due upon arrival) is Scandi divers. I have a pretty sweet 12 day dive package in the works. What has not worked as far as wiring funds:

PayPal - The resort did not offer this option. Both sender and receiver of funds must have PayPal accounts.
Xoom - Xoom is a PayPal partner. Xoom would not send funds to a "business account" in the Philippines.
Local banks - I have local accounts at two different (one personal and one business) banks. Neither will wire funds to the Philippines.
Western Union - The bank in Manila apparently is not on there "list" and therefore could not send funds.

Transferwise, if your resort provides an account that receives pesos.
Transfast, if your resort provides an account that receives dollars.

Op here,

The dive resort that is requesting 20% down (remainder due upon arrival) is Scandi divers. I have a pretty sweet 12 day dive package in the works. What has not worked as far as wiring funds:

PayPal - The resort did not offer this option. Both sender and receiver of funds must have PayPal accounts.
Xoom - Xoom is a PayPal partner. Xoom would not send funds to a "business account" in the Philippines.
Local banks - I have local accounts at two different (one personal and one business) banks. Neither will wire funds to the Philippines.
Western Union - The bank in Manila apparently is not on there "list" and therefore could not send funds.
Any operator that has simplified chinese web site wont' get my vote.
I hope your stay is not coincided with Labour Day Holiday(1st May) unless you want to dive with a group of commie chinese!!!! BTW, Chinese from Republic of China, Taiwan to some of you, is different kettle of fish.

You have three options:
1. Bite the bullet.
2. Make your own way to PG and turn up at Scandi Divers in Big La Laguna Beach. It is a long walk from the ferry terminal in Sabang especially if you have luggage. However, porter will first board the ferry when the ship docked.
3. Contact other operators.

Look forward to hearing about your trip. I have plans to go next April and am still making decisions on where to stay and who to dive with in Puerto Galera.
South Sea Divers and stay at Angelyn.
Angelyn is literally sandwiched between Frontier and South Seas.

Is the resort giving a much lower rate than you would find on a third party site such as Agoda or Travelocity?

The Sikat bus/ferry makes a private transfer unnecessary unless you want a later departure from Manila. The Best Western La Corona is much nicer than CityState Tower Hotel, and it's around the corner. The area is a bit run down, so if you have time, consider the Bayleaf Hotel in Intramuros.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom